Princeton graduate student Maura Coursey dies .
Maura Coursey, 28, a graduate student, died on Jan. 26 at her off-campus residence.
Chemist Paul Chirik honored as AAAS Fellow .
Chirik was honored for establishing the field of catalysis using Earth-abundant elements (as opposed to rare-Earth elements) and demonstrating its impact on sustainable chemistry.
Princeton’s technology accelerator fund celebrates 22 startups in 10 years of fueling innovations .
The Intellectual Property (IP) Accelerator Fund provides support to researchers who have made a discovery but need to conduct extra studies to demonstrate that the discovery can meet a societal need.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
Princeton University advances learning through scholarship, research, and teaching of unsurpassed quality, with an emphasis on undergraduate and doctoral education that is distinctive among the world’s great universities, and with a pervasive commitment to serve the nation and the world.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid